Combining the proper nutrition with exercise can lead to improved performance and recovery. TheSportsNutritionEdge offers to partner with trainers at all levels and all sports and provide sports performance nutrition counseling.
There is an intimate connection between nutrition & performance!
Do you hear your athletes/clients say any of the following?
- I have a hard time getting through my workout or my workouts seem ineffective.
- I do not have time to figure out what to eat.
- I do not know what is true and what is false regarding sports nutrition and my diet.
- I am not meeting my sports performance goals.
- I am not meeting my weight loss/gain goals.
- I frequently get muscle cramps or really sore the next day.
- I have no energy.
- I make poor food choices.
- I eat out all the time – especially after working out, practice or competition.
Many athletes and clients do not achieve sound nutritional practices to optimize their workouts.
Factors include poor nutrition knowledge, dietary extremism, poor skills in preparing meals, and lack of or a reduced access to food and supplements due to a busy lifestyle and frequent travel.
We provide individual and team nutrition coaching. Programs can be created specifically for your nutritional needs and your sports.
Individualized nutrition coaching offers:
- How to eat healthy in combination with exercise
- Protein, calorie and fluid requirements
- Meal and snack ideas
- Proper use of vitamins, minerals and sports supplements
- Discovering the nutrition needed to achieve maximum performance - this means having the energy to sustain workouts, competition and nutrition for recovery and rest
- Pre-exercise nutrition
- Post-exercise and recovery nutrition
- Tips to achieve and maintain your ideal body weight
Team and group presentations provide:
- Healthy eating examples for improved performance and health
- Pre-and post-workout nutrition and working closely with team trainers
- Specific topics for your team, including many of the individualized offerings
- Presentations for all types of athletes, groups and organizations
It is important to point out how critical it is to have everyone--the coaching staff, team physicians, athletic trainers, nutritionists, on the same page regarding optimal nutrition – and to have a well-structured ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE NUTRITION program a part of the athletic program.
JOIN ME AS I HELP GUIDE YOU TO YOUR BEST PERFORMANCE
Monthly Newsletters With Top Sports Nutrition Tips