Sports Nutrititon for Middle and High School Athletes
In high school, fluid and snack and food choices may be available only at water fountains and soft drink, vending machines - and fast food restaurants.
There is an intimate connection between nutrition & performance!
Proper nutrition can lead to improved performance and recovery. TheSportsNutritionEdge offers sports nutrition counseling for parents.
Have "The Edge" a Part of Your Student Athlete’s Game Plan
A program can be created specifically for your student’s nutritional needs and his/her particular sport.
Individualized nutritional counseling offers:
- Protein, calorie and fluid requirements
- Meal and snack ideas for the home, school and “on the road”
- Proper use of vitamins, minerals and sports supplements
- Discovering the nutrition they need to achieve maximum performance - this means having the energy to sustain workouts, competition and nutrition for recovery and rest
- Pre-exercise nutrition
- Post-exercise and recovery nutrition
It is important to point out how critical it is to have everyone--the coaching staff, team physicians, athletic trainers and parents, on the same page regarding optimal nutrition – and to have a well-structured sports nutrition program a part of the athletic program.
JOIN ME AS I HELP GUIDE YOU TO YOUR BEST PERFORMANCE
Monthly Newsletters With Top Sports Nutrition Tips